Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

New Member, Bexleyheath, Kent, UK

(8 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by crazychick
  • Latest reply from Pastordot

1. crazychick

Hi there,
    i'm stevie im 28(nxt week) and live in bexleyhetah the edge of London, i moved here 2 yrs ago from the deepest lightest countryside of herefordshire, feeling the twangs of home sickness for the country i started to create a mini farm in my garden, Lucky its 100ft!

Ive got a cockerel (my neighbours love him (phew) a hen, light sussex, two indian runners a male and female.

A khaki campbell, a cayagu, a silver appleyard and magpie drake

four rabbits and two guinea pigs AND just added 6 quail chicks i incubated myself.

they are so adictive and i waste most my day watching the antics of my mini farm.

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it could be a cow doing a duck impersonation.

(Miss) Stevie x X x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Hi Stevie,

Welcome to the farmingfriends forum. I live on a farm with hens, ducks, quail, guinea fowl, cats & cows as well as my hubby!

We farm beef cattle and arable but my poultry are mor like a small holding.

Your chicks are very cute.

Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. crazychick

thank you, i forgot to say about the cats too, and i have horses but they are ket at stables down the road.

im a very novice farmer and have seen some fantastic posts and positive feedback and advice.

my ducks and chickens reached maturity in August but are yet to lay, reading posts have made me re-think the barn and nesting, let the building commence!

If it walks like a duck, quacks like a duck and looks like a duck then it could be a cow doing a duck impersonation.

(Miss) Stevie x X x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Lorna

Hi Stevie,

Nice to see you are enjoying your animals.
    I have various ducks including runners, Khaki Campbells and call ducks. I love them, and watching their antics is comedy itself, the photo of the chick in the middle is funny.

Best Wishes

Lorna

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. crazychick

The quail chicks are now 2 days old and are hilarious, aggressive lil beasties, ive got 12 more eggs arriving Tuesday which should complete my quail brood depending on the sexes, should be interesting working that out.

The quail in the middle was the second one out and by far the most active tho when its asleep i think its dead, it lies all sprawled out flat to the floor with its feet hanging out the back, is this normal?

(Miss) Stevie x X x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  6. dollydylo

Hi Stevie

Welcome to the forum! Your chick photo is great.
    I live in Ireland on a couple of acres, and started off with one cockeral and 6 hens. Now have 18 hens of varying breeds and ages (some chicks hatched under a broody a couple of months ago) and 4 khaki campbell ducks.
    Watching them is a great way to waste time and chill!

Karen x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  7. Mama

Hello Stevie,great pics and so envious .Welcome to the crazy gang ,OOPS sorry Sara but we members are boss .Can't comment on the legs as don't have Quail but sure Sara will .Regards Mama .

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  8. Pastordot

Hello Stevie,

Welcome! Your photo is so adorable, especially the one in the center! I don't know about quail either, but my duckling would stretch out with its legs behind it when it was tiny- so comical to see!

Good luck with your mini-farm. I envy you as well!

Blessings,
    Dottie

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.