Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Food And Cooking

Celery!

(9 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by pinkpoultry
  • Latest reply from Hotwire

1. pinkpoultry

Hello FF's!
    I have lots of celery plants! Any ideas on what to do with them to put them in jars? I have tried to find a celery chutney or pickle, to no avail.
    I wouldnt imagine it could be the sole ingredient of a chutney or pickle, can I put it in with some courgettes, apples and onions do you think? Or how do you make picalilli? Does that have celery in it!
    Thanks guys!

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. dollydylo

Sorry can't help here.. I can't stand celery, although do put in on cheese boards for friends to eat or as a base in soups. Might be good to start a fire.. ha ha
    xx

Karen x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. pinkpoultry

At this rate its going to get fed to the featheries! I was thinking about celery soup? But could anything sound more unappealing!! haha. xx

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. dollydylo

Brussel sprout soup? Although given the choice I know what I would pick!!
    Just had a look in a veg book and there is a recipe for roasted celery and flageolet soup? that might be ok... I have actually heard that roasted celery is nice (if celery can ever be that) so perhaps try that?
    let me know if you want the soup recipe...
    x

Karen x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  5. Hi Laura,
    Here's a link to some celery recipes. http://www.cookitsimply.com/category-0020-020i3.html
    I don't like celery and haven't cooked myself but hope you can find some nice recipes.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. campbell ridge
    Administrator

braised celery is lovely. boil it first to tenderise, then bake it in the oven with olive oil and sweet potato, or on its own with a roast or garlic and onions

Sarah L
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. agree with sarah and love love love celery even the stringy bits lol
    and you can chop it small chunks and add to stews

mo x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Mama

Delia's celery soup is fab even for those who don't like celery they seem to like the soup .Lucky you Laura .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  9. A chunky celery soup perfect for a winter day - celery, carrots, a potato, an onion, a bit of garlic, and some leftover wild rice! Love it!

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.