Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

Hi from Germany

(3 posts)

1. oddball

Hi,I'm Susan and I live here in southern Germany with the hubby,2 kiddies,cats, dog, 3 beehives and 3 indian runners. We've got an old farmhouse needing lots of work and our project at present is restoring the ancient chicken house=making a tidy duckhouse out of it (who neede a guest room anyway?).
    Am looking forward to keeping a few geese,any advice on child tolerant breeds????
    Thanks for letting me in!
    Oddball

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Mama

Hello
    Susan and welcome to FF from another member .I kept Embden geese and they are so friendly to all ,children and adults as long as you get them young .Mine were goslings only a few weeks old and had no probs with them at all .They did hiss a bitwhen aduts but as long as you know how to handle them they are loving and calm creatures .Your life sounds much like ours many years ago ,restauration and full of hopes and dreams that came true for us and sure they will for you too .Look forward to hearing more about your family and dreams .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Hi Susan, Welcome to farmingfirends. What a lovely life you have. Good l;uck with the restoring the chicken house for the ducks. I am sure they will love it. I don't have geese so not sure about breed but I know that Mama's geese were very friendly.
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.