Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

Duck hatching eggs for sale in Singapore

(6 posts)

1. Hi All,
    I know this may be a strange request but I have had a lady in singapore who wants to buy duck eggs for hatching. The complicated legislation on sending eggs from the UK means that I don't send overseas. I just wondered if anyone knew where duck eggs for hatching can be purchased in Singapore. I have googled and checked the singapore ebay but as yet haven't found anywhere.
    Thanks
    kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. hazlia

Hi sara

I don't know of anywhere in Singapore, but I should imagine that there are a number of options across the border in Malaysia. Not sure how hard it is getting them across, but money talks in this region! Eggs by car should be very easy.

Regards

Mike

Michael O'Riordan
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi Mike,

Thanks for this information. I thought you might know somewhere. I don't think it's easy sending eggs from the UK to Singapore! I'll pass your info on.

Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. hazlia

I spoke to a Guniea Fowl breeder in UK a while ago exploring an option of getting eggs sent to Malaysia. He explained he had tried before sending eggs to Singapore, but the quarantine regs are so strict - more strict than malaysia, that he abandoned the idea. The cost would also be quite high as you would need to use DHL or some other carrier who deals in 'livestock' shipment. I would get her to explore any duck bredders in Johor - the southern Malaysian state across the bridge.

regards

Mike

Michael O'Riordan
    Posted 8 years ago #
  5. Hi Mike,
    Thanks for letting me know about this I have passed this onto Angeline and I also had a look at the Singapore Agriculture site where they have a list of farms that export to Singapore. http://www.ava.gov.sg/FoodSector/ImportExportTransOfFood/AccredOfOverseasEggFarms/

Many on the list were from Malaysia. http://www.ava.gov.sg/NR/rdonlyres/233BFB05-C33D-42E3-9F5B-1A46CEAD61C0/25303/MY_DUCKFARMS091005.pdf

Thought this might be useful.

Thanks again for your help. Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  6. niju

hi sara

we, green wave marketting,authorised in imports and exports from india having duck farm and supplying duck eggs through out many states in india. if you interested to buy duck eggs pls feel free to contact my mail greenwave.impex@gmail.com.

regards
    niju

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.