Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Hobbies

permission fly my hawks

(6 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by harrishawk
  • Latest reply from Katydid

Tags:

1. harrishawk

hi there everyone,trying to find somewhere to fly my harris hawks.i do free pest control at my local tip,golf course,and schools.so if theres any farmers or anybody in the south yorkshire region have a problem with crows,gulls,magpie,squirell,rats and rabbits feel free to inbox or call on 07796431942.and if anybody who gives me permission would like to take part in what i do your more than welcome thanks regards chris.

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. Katydid

Chris, I could have done with you last year, if only you were closer. One of my mandarins was killed by a crow and the only way to deal with it was to shoot it.
    I'm sure that you'll find plenty of people pleased to meet you.

Have you also tried the Practical Poultry Forum ?
    http://www.practicalpoultry.co.uk
    Good luck.
    Katy

No holidays, too many birds.
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. harrishawk

sorry to hear about your mandarin katy crows are real nasty things when they want to be.i`ve asked alot of farmers round my way and they dont seem that interested.thanks for the link katy will try it.if u have a problem in future let me know as i dont mind traveling .

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Katydid

That's great, but Yorkshire is a long way away.
    On the other hand, if you do ever travel Torquay way and fancy a free night or twos accomodation in exchange for a bit of hawking do let me know. The Crows are starting to call again and I can see trouble ahead.

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. harrishawk

might take u up on your offer later on in year by birds are ready to start moulting in few weeks or so.hope you dont have any trouble with the crows in the mean time

Posted 7 years ago #
  6. Katydid

I'll let you know if I do, You might know someone locally I could talk to.
    KT

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.