Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Geese

Gosling peeping inside egg

(14 posts)

1. cera37

Hi,

Yes, I'm new to this. My son brought home 4 goose eggs as a gift for my to incubate. They are due to hatch any day now. I have been hearing peeping and tapping for over 24 hours now. Is that normal to take this long to hatch? Or should I help somehow? I'd hate to see it suffocate. I've searched the web for anything I could find for help and stumbled upon this site. Can you help with some advice?

Thanks in advance

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Pastordot

Hello,

I can't offer any advice as I don't have experience with that, but wanted to let you know that most of those that post on here are from the UK and most likely are sleeping now, but in the meantime if you search around this forum, you can find some very valuable information on lots of specific topics, especially hatching. Be sure to type in the search words such as pipping, hatching, goose eggs, etc...

I'll be keeping you and your little ones in my thoughts and prayers in the meantime. Wishing you the best.

Dottie

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. cera37

I would LOVE to live in the UK. Strange that I would find THIS site. Thank you for letting me know about everyone sleeping. lol My mistake. I'm getting ready to do the same. Goodnight to you and thank you for keeping me in your thoughts and prayers. I'm sure it would help A GREAT DEAL!

Tammy

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. hello Tammy, believe me you wouldnt want to be living in the UK at the moment our weather is just awful
    maybe by the time you see this you may have your goslings if not you cant do much to help until they have broken the shell themselves other than make sure the humidity is ok as the shell will be very tough for them to break through,
    hopefully someone with experience can offer more advise when they see your post

mo x
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Mama

Hi ,All Mo has said it right nothing you can do until the little one cracks the shell itself.Can you raise the humidity a bit as goose shells are extremly hard to break and that may help them. Good luck and hope you have some lovely little honkers by now .PS never hatched myself with an incy only under a mum and they took along time to hatch also .
    Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  6. cera37

Hi again. Thanks for the replies. I really appreciate it. The eggs have pipped. I was really getting worried. I have 4 eggs and they all have a little breathing hole. Now for the tough job of waiting. I go in to check on them at least once an hour.

Posted 5 years ago #
  7. it can be a long hard job for the goslings if and when you can see a beak you can give them a few small drops of cooled sugared water to give them an enery boost good luck hope all goes well

mo x
    Posted 5 years ago #
  8. Mama

Wonderful news and very exciting and patience you will need. So much like giving birth thrilling ,painful and nerve racking.Good luck and hoping for a happy hatch .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  9. campbell ridge
    Administrator

So wonderful. I hope they all hatch easily. Don't hesitate to ask for any more help if you are worried.
    S

Sarah L
    Posted 5 years ago #
  10. cera37

Just wanted to let everyone know we now have 4 happy and healthy babies. Wow, what a workout and a lot of lost sleep. But so worth it. Thank you for all your help.

Posted 5 years ago #
  11. Mama

Aw brilliant news and thanks for updating ,now the fun begins and you will catch up on your sleep .:((( Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  12. aww fab news Tammy thanks for letting us know, now the hard work begins for you lol
    hope you have a lot of pleasure from them im sure you will :)

mo x
    Posted 5 years ago #
  13. cera37

They are the most precious things I've ever had. They love cuddling with me on my bed snuggling right up into my neck and getting tangled in my hair while peeping sweet nothings and nibbling on my lips, eyes, ears, etc. They know my voice and call to me when I talk so I have to be a little on the quiet side. lol I'm addicted.

Posted 5 years ago #
  14. Pastordot

Hello Tammy,

They sound wonderful! What type of goslings are they?

Wishing you all the best with them,
    Dottie

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.