Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » General Discussion

I Love My Emu!

(4 posts)
  • Started 7 years ago by KozyOrchardChooksNFriends
  • Latest reply from KozyOrchardChooksNFriends

Tags:

1. I have a little 5 week old emu and I love him/her. I have named it Eemoo and Emoo is really something.

I hatched Eemoo from an egg in my Hovabator Incubator. It took 50 days to hatch. On day 35 the egg began wiggling and moving. Even in the egg Eemoo would respond to the sound of my voice. On day 45 Eemoo began calling and chirping from inside the egg and on day 50 Eemoo hatched.

Eemoo is now a 4.5lb ball of affection. Follows me everywhere and cries when I'm gone. Eemoo even walks on a leash!

For those of you looking for another animal to add to your homesteads. add an Emu!

Posted 7 years ago #
  2. duskhunter

Fantastic!
    It is wonderful to have anything so close to you.

For me though I would worry about the fact that I couldn't take the pet with me everywhere and then seperation anxiety sets in.

This is not a criticism in any way I think it is wonderful for you I hope you have plenty of film to watch in the coming years, how long will Eemoo live and will it be longer as he is so tame. Where does he sleep, is he in the house and if so how do you manage with his poop?

Posted 7 years ago #
  3. I just found out that Eemoo is a she! So happy, since females are harder to find.

Eemoo lives in my house in a large pen. For the first couple of weeks she was a bit sad to see me go, but now can be left alone doing her own thing for as long as I'm gone without much fuss. It did take a while, but she eventually learned that I returned each time I left and didn't abandon her.

She is very very smart and is able to work out most things on her own.

Posted 7 years ago #
  4. Emus live to be about 20-30 years old on average.

Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.