Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Quail

Powercut & Quail chicks hatching

(2 posts)

1. Hi All,

Had this email from Maxine,
    "Hi I'm really hoping you can help me. I have 12 quail eggs in an incubator, this is my very first batch do not to experienced. On day 8 we had a powercut that lasted 4 hours. The temp went down to 70 degrees so I was certain that I had lost them, especially as day 17 then day 18 came and went with no sign. This is day 22 and I was going to discard the eggs today. I woke up this morning to a powercut after last nights storms. I went to the incubator and there was a little chick half way out of its shell. The temp in incubator was 60. I quickly layed the chick on a hot water bottle and he has now fully emerged. The power is going to be off all day. Is there anything more I can do? Thanks in advanced. Maxine"

Any advice gratefully rceived.
    thanks
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Hi All,

Had this reply from Maxine with a good outcome,

Hi Thank you for your reply,

"My little chick did survive and another 8 of his little brothers and sisters hatched and are all doing really well..
    The power came back on 2 hours later, I kept the eggs on a water bottle in the incubator until the power was back. The humidity wasn't to great and I did lose two who started to hatch but didnt break through. The other egg wasnt fertile. I am very pleased with the outcome but really don't want to go though it again. lol
    Thanks again for your reply.
    Maxine"
    Phew what a relief.
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.