Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

air sack in incubating egg

(7 posts)
  • Started 6 years ago by pastrychef
  • Latest reply from pastrychef

Tags:

1. pastrychef

I have eggs that are late hatching, and iam scared none of them are going to hatch. So they have been in the incubator with no opening what so ever for almost a week past thier due date. So when i opened (quickly)to add water for humidity. i candled one, i found the air sack has gotten bigger. is that mean anything? i tried looking thru a bunch of threads to find this particular question but found nothing.
    thanks.

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. maybe this will help you but it doesnt sound to good
    http://www.metzerfarms.com/Candling.cfm

mo x
    Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Mama

Did you listen to the eggs ? although it is very late now .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  4. pastrychef

I went to that link< and they look more like the last day "good ones", they are dark on the inside (fully developed) and you can seelike furry edges around the edges where the dark meets the air sack.. but i can't make anything out. Now i havn't candled them all. I don't want to open and take them out, just 1.Its my first batch ever, so if they had all had hatched i would have been surprised with my luck. i was anticipating that but what can ya do. ill leave them for another little while. i have a second batch just started to develop, so we will see how that goes. i thought the air sack getting bigger might have meant something in particular..but ill have to wait. iam anxious.
    thanks.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. pastrychef

i haven't listened... how much movement should i see the eggs doing , if they are moving inside, much? ive looked on the internet, but the only movement i can find is usally when they are actually breaking shell.

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Mama

You should be able to see movement now but it depends on the time of day you do it .If they are resting you will see nothing .Try and have a listen tomorrow or candle and see .I have seen and heard all but not with an incy only under mummy broodies
    Good luck Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 6 years ago #
  7. pastrychef

well i relooked at that link, and decided its been waiting long enough, i have to candle more...i decided to open one gently...dead and i figured if the rest looked like them.... they are all dead. i opened them all knowing i had seen somewhere on here that you should to see how far along they were and see if you can figure out what happened. Iam not sure. but they were almost there. :( ill have to be careful with batch number 2. ill be over careful. but know what to watch for.
    thanks .

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.