Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Geese

helping gosling hatch?

(9 posts)
  • Started 5 years ago by gillybean65
  • Latest reply from duskhunter

Tags:

1. gillybean65

my goose egg has a big hole in it and I can see the chick moving around and it is making a lot of noise but doesn't seem to be making much effort to hatch, she has been like this for about 29 hours should I begin to help her out of the egg?

Thank you for any help

Gill

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Mama

Hi Gilly,Mine took two days under Mum but if you are worried yes you can help.Just peel a little shell back and the membrane but do be careful as you don't want to damage the gosling ,maybe spritz with a little warm water .If you see the beak give a few drops of sugar water .Don't do anymore than that as feel it will be ok .My best wishes and so hope all goes well .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. gillybean65

Gosling here safe and sound she needed a bit of help but is thriving and so so cute thank you so much for the help

Gill

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Mama

WHEYY ,great news welcome baby Gosling
    .Mama :)))

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  5. gillybean65

a quick update on Gerald the Gosling he is doing very well and is the most friendly little bird he cuddles in and follows us all over, he has also developed a huge bond with our Frizzle chick. Will he be OK to introduce to our ducks when he is a few weeks older?

thanks

Gill

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. Mama

Aw gilly fab news and yes he or she will be ok in a couple of weeks to say hello .Just keep it penned so it can see the other birds and they can see it and all will go well.Can I ask why he is Gerard ? do you know the sex as I was dismal on vent sexing .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 4 years ago #
  7. gillybean65

Hi Mama he's called Gerald as I am pretty sure he is a male due to his colouring, he's a white sebastopol and looking at pictures his greenish feathers are quite light which means he should be male, if he starts producing eggs think he may become Geraldine :-)

Gill x

Posted 4 years ago #
  8. gillybean65

Gerald is now geraldine and laying well wooooo x

Posted 4 years ago #
  9. duskhunter

Just love it!

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.