Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Geese

Weak gosling needing help

(7 posts)

Tags:

1. Katydid

I have 4 West of England Goslings hatched 3 days ago. 3 are going great but the 4th, a girl, is weakk and just lies around.

What can I do to give her a boost?

All suggestions greatfully received.

KT

No holidays, too many birds.
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Hi Katy, you are better qualified than most on here, Id guess do what you would do for any chick, sugar water and warmth,
    have you hatched these or is it the geese you took on recently ?

mo x
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. Katydid

Thanks for the compliment Mo. I know nothing about geese and although I have done the things you suggested she died a little while ago.
    These were goose eggs I bought in because I wanted that particular breed.
    Now I want to be sure I do everything I can for the 3 remaining, so I am still after any help/advice.

KT

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Pastordot

Hello Katy,

I've missed seeing you on here lately, but I suppose you are extremely busy with all of the ducks and chicks that you have going on. So sorry to hear that you lost the little gosling. I have no advice to give, just wishing you well with your three. Mama has geese, I'm sure she will come on with some words of wisdom.

Blessings,
    Dottie

Posted 5 years ago #
  5. Mama

Sorry to hear this Katy,have messaged you but only ever had experience with one poorly gosling at 24hrs old.There isn't a lot of difference between ducklings and goslings only size really and as Mo says you have far more experience than most of us .Good luck and sure the other three will be ok .Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  6. aww sorry to hear that Katy hope the rest blossom for you

mo x
    Posted 5 years ago #
  7. Katydid

Thanks guys, your support is very welcome.

Yes Dottie, very busy and no matter how many you hatch every one that doesn't make it is very upsetting.

So far the other 3 goslings are fine. But with these little ones you never know.
    KT

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.