Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Hens

Egg stuck to chick

(4 posts)

1. Mojo

Hi, I'm new to hatching chick eggs, I have 10 eggs, 5 of which has hatched and on the last hatch the egg seems to b still attached to the chicks bottom, it's been hatched about 2 hrs now. What should I do? Please advise me.

Jo
    Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Mama

Hi can you very gently peel bits of the shell off but do be careful that the yolk sac isn't stuck to the shell .You could perhaps try a piece of gauze soaked in warm sterile hopefully someone with more expereince can advise too Good luck and hope all is well .Hopefully somone with more experience will advise soon Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 5 years ago #
  3. julie123

Hi jO

I have had this with hatching a couple of times and have found the best thing is to leave it in the incubator and it will dry out the attached bit and the chick will free itself in time you could try giving it a bit of cooled boiled sugar water just to give it a bit of energy, hope this helps and good luck.

regards
    Julie

Posted 5 years ago #
  4. Mojo

It was on like a thread, It dropped off, i have another with shell on Its bottom It's about 1/2 the size of ur little finger nail, can I dip her bum in water?

Jo
    Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.