Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Quail

Three Japanese quail free to a good home

(4 posts)

Tags:

1. bertie

I have 3 Japanese male quail birds, approx 12 weeks old that I am trying to find a nice home for. When i bought them I was hoping they were female, but not to be. I don't want to breed quail so have no need for them. They are lovely little birds that would love their own group of ladies or a nice avery to peck around in like hoovers. It would be super if someone was willing to swap them even for a couple of female quail - perhaps Japanese or the something else. They are free and collection only. We are based near Tetbury, Gloucestershire. Hope someone can give them a super little home.

Posted 5 years ago #
  2. Wolfyhybrid

Hi, bertie. Hope you find a home for your 3 male quail I would take them but i live in cornwall which is to far away from everything. not many people want male quail and keeping three males together will cause fights. If you cannot rehome them it would be best to release them in to the wild. Quail can live in the english countryside without a problem. If all else fails take them to a wooded-grassy area and let them flourish.
    Cheers
    Rob

Posted 5 years ago #
  3. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Hi Bertie I have messaged one of our members who may be able to help but have not yet heard back. Any sign of fighting you will have to seperate them or as Rob suggests release them somewhere with plenty of cover. You could free range them now if you have the space.

Sarah L
    Posted 5 years ago #
  4. bertie

Many thanks for the advice. I have since managed to locate someone who has various averies and would love to have them. All rehomed thanks. I just home next time i buy 3 quail i actually get females this time! I have 3 at the moment but would like to get some more but put them in their own run adjacent to the current group. Eventuall! Thank you again.

Posted 5 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.