Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

tranny duck

(4 posts)

1. lubyloo

Hi all havent been on in a while hope you and your feathered friends are all well,something strange is or has happened to one of my ducks and woundered if any one els has had a expiereance,i have a 3 year old welsh harlquine female,in 2012 she only laid 3 eggs all season she was not that keen on being mated either ran and hid alot,after her malt in october her new feathers was not the same she had a curl on her tail which at the time i thought it may just be bent,but no to this day its a true curl just like my drakes,her head is also green now were as befor it was biege,she has now started to fight with my two naughty drakes that are quite agressive them selfs,and over the past few weeks her quack is not as loud as it normally is,im not as shallow to think shes sex changed lol,but its so wierd,when you have ducks as pets and spend a lot of play time with them you personally know what every feather looks like and its pesonality and she is def not the same

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. duskhunter

It does sound as though she has changed sex, I know of this having happened with other people's ducks not that uncommon really. Perhaps it says more on the net.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. yes ive heard of it before think it happened to another member on here a while back heres a link for you but as Angela says lots on the net about it
    http://forum.backyardpoultry.com/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=7996372

mo x
    Posted 4 years ago #
  4. lubyloo

Oh wow intresting reading,out of the 3 eggs she layed last year i hatched one off it was with my magpie call drake and it is a beatifull pure white female hope she does not turn though,shes such a caracter but the loudest and longest quacker dont mind if that changes,thanks for your replies

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.