Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Hobbies

free pest and vermin control in and around northumberland

(10 posts)

1. Luke w

hi my names Luke. i know a lot of farmers get sick of young lads coming knocking on their doors to ask for permission to shoot on your land.and to find out they only turn up on sunny days and when they do they disrespect your land.
    im the opposite. i can't think of anything better than coming out to help no matter what the weather and make sure i don't leave a trace of me being there.
    im basically offering my hand to help out with vermin and pest control.with use of rifle, shotgun, trapping and snaring and ferreting where needed. any other methods maybe asked about. I normally bring along an older friend of mine who's has the use of his gun dogs to retrieve any downed game. we are willing to travel around the north east and parts of cumbria.
    THERE IS NO CHARGE FOR THIS and what game we do take from the land will always be offered to the farmer for his/hers supper. No matter what though nothing will be left behind..
    please feel free to contact me

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. Devon Cream

Travel? How far? I can offer you a caravan to stay in! Only I have a big problem with rooks. They pinch the eggs, the chicken food and have also killed a chicken and I am fed up of them!

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Luke w

are you in devon? were willing to travel in and around the north east

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. Luke w

we are also willing to travel to parts of cumbria.i love been out in the country and the sports that go with it.on top of that i helping farmers with the pest and vermin problems does help out a lot.especially round this time of year.rook cause a lot of damage.

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. Devon Cream

Devon is close but actually am in North Cornwall between Launceston and Bude. Just thought you might like to have somewhere to stay for a break. You could even visit the Eden Project!

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Luke w

iv always wanted to visit devon the last time i was there was a very long time ago.the only problem is that i have a young family and there may be something said if i pack up and leave with dougie my friend to go shooting without bringing the family lol.great offer though thank you ever so much.i wouldn't care rook shooting is a great sport

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. Devon Cream

How big a family and what ages and would you all fit into one vehicle?

Posted 6 years ago #
  8. Luke w

just one son of 16 months.but wed have most of the car taken up with his things travel cot etc.may just have to tie dougie to the roof of the car.when the two of us go shooting though we take one car and it is always full with hide nets and decoys let alone cartridges and guns.

Posted 6 years ago #
  9. Luke w

just one son of 16 months.but wed have most of the car taken up with his things travel cot etc.may just have to tie dougie to the roof of the car.when the two of us go shooting though we take one car and it is always full with hide nets and decoys let alone cartridges and guns.

Posted 6 years ago #
  10. Luke w

if anyone else is having difficulties with pests and vermin feel free to contact me

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.