Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Animal Ailments & Illnesses Advice Centre

Update to 'Any Ideas'!

(7 posts)

1. yanky

Well now have given Foggy her second dose of wormer & she is SO much better! I'm thinking may be able to get her back out by the w/e. Chuffed about that as usually anything I try to rehabilitate dies!!!
    Took the Flubenvet powder back to the vet as I managed to get the layers pellets with it already in. Must say they don't seem all that keen on it but as there's nothing else are having to get on with it! One piece of advice that my vet daughter gave to me which I didn't knowi is that flubenvet has to be fed in pellets for a week then (unknown bit) repeated three weeks later. Seemingly because it only kills adult worms & second dose kills the growing larvae! Good info I hope for all you wormers out there!!
    Yan

Posted 6 years ago #
  2. duskhunter

Great to know Yan, lucky you having a daughter who is a vet. I wormed my ducks in the Autumn so I must check out to see if they need to be done again yet.

I must say they don't like this easterly wind we are having currently, most unusual for us we always get the westerlies living that side of the country.

Posted 6 years ago #
  3. Devon Cream

That's great news and info thanks Yan.

May I be rude and ask you why you chose the name 'Foggy'?

Dev

Posted 6 years ago #
  4. yanky

Hi Duskhunter
    Well it would be even nicer if she lived here but she's in Canada now! It was fantastic when she was here. All drugs at cost which is an amazing saving. Vets do add on a lot! Know what you mean about the winds-we live on the west & have taken badly to the norther lie & easterlies. Ducks don't seem affected tho. They seem to be loving life!!!
    Hi DC
    The name Foggy was actually picked by my daughter. She is a white leghorn & daughter said that there used to be a programme on TV called Foghorn Leghorn???? I couldn't remember it but she was christeneed Foggy thereafter!! Funnily enough she is the only one of all the birds with a name. Prob is it makes you love them more!!!
    Yan

Posted 6 years ago #
  5. yanky

Oh well so much for the back slapping & self congratulations she died yesterday!
    Rallied amazingly then suddenly started to go downhill. She seems full of fluid. I wonder if it was liver failure!
    Yan.

Posted 6 years ago #
  6. Hi Yanky,
    So sorry to hear this. I think it's quite common for hens to retain fluid especially when they get older.
    Have a good weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 6 years ago #
  7. yanky

Thanks Sara onward & upward!
    Yan

Posted 6 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.