Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

Call ducks

(3 posts)
  • Started 4 years ago by minty
  • Latest reply from campbell ridge

1. minty

My little call ducks,Frankie And Fiona have been hiding their eggs and I have just found a clutch hidden in a cosy little house.

Although I love caring for the little ducks I don't want to keep more than the two I have and will have to take away the eggs unless some one is looking for some.

Also they would need to go to a home with plenty of clean water and room to graze on clean grass.
    I have had my ducks for around three years now and they are free range,can fly whenever they want around our valley as I don't clip the wings. I shut them in an avery with adjoining shed every night with mixed corn and a clean bath.

I would love to rear some ducklings for someone who could give them similar conditions as I have here.

Minty

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. duskhunter

Hi Minty, you don't say where you are in the Uk I'm sure someone would love them and be very lucky to have them eggs or babies.

Our big ducks might try to mate Fiona which would be unfair.

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Minty although I have allowed my own ducks to go broody and raise their own young, it really can be hit and miss with incubators and can cause sadness when you lose ducklings. There are many duck breeders out there and lots of surplus ducks as many people give them up after they get to adulthood, so my advice would be to collect the eggs every day and eat them like the rest of us do then you can carry on enjoying watching your two. :)

Sarah L
    Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.