Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Incubating and Hatching Eggs

chinese Quail hatching

(5 posts)

1. H16

Hi,

I'm new to hatching and my first attempt (only had 4 eggs as the rest broke in transit) well they never hatched after 23 days I opened them up to find one smelly one that looked like it stopped developing after a few days and 3 fully formed chicks that for some reason never made it out??
    This is my second lot of eggs (12) kept temp as close to 100f as can, turned 3 times a day today its day 17 and at 3pm (6.5 hours ago) one hatched. It is drying well and chirping all the time and running round and looking really well. The other 11 eggs aren't moving, no pips no sign that anything is going on?? Should they be hatching now with the fact over 6 hours ago I got a chick? How long is best to leave it and what happens when I remove chick should i add more water for humidty to the others left? I thought atleast another one would of come out by now. What happens if this is the only quail that hatches? Won't it be very lonely and stressed?

Thanks in advance x

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. Hi H16,

I tend to leave eggs in the incubator for a week to 10 days after the due date as many things can affect the hatching date and make them hatch late.
    If this is the only chick you get I would conside buying some day olds in to keep it company.
    Fingers crossed for the other eggs.
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 4 years ago #
  3. H16

This morning (about 18 hours after first hatch) another has been born and just noticed another has pipped so fingers crossed that makes atleast 3! Really pleased little one isn't going to be alone! Fingers crossed for the rest to hatch! :-D

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. Hi H16,
    Glad they are starting to hatch.
    kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Wolfyhybrid

I tend to leave the chicks in the incubator for 24 hours, their chirping seems to encourage the others to hatch. i am expecting you to get atleast 6 or 7 out of the 12 eggs so dont panic and let nature take its course. if you must move the chicks out do it very quickly as this is a very important incubation time.

Posted 4 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.