Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

Wee Charity

(8 posts)

1. Lorna

Hi All,
    Been a wee while since I was on. Last Wednesday I lost wee Charity, she died in the afternoon, it was very hard seeing her go. I had held her in my arms and then put her down and she died quite peacefully. She was part of my origianl ones I started with.
    Wee Faith and Hope are still with me they are 13 yrs and 9 months.
    They miss Charity and seem to call for her, they were so long together.
    They are keeping well enough for their age.

Lorna

Posted 4 years ago #
  2. aww so sorry Lorna but what a great age and great life you gave her x

mo x
    Posted 4 years ago #
  3. Dear Lorna, So sorry to hear this. I bet you, Faith and Hope miss Charity so much. As Mo says you have given them a great life. Thinking of you.
    Infact I was only thinking of you the other day.
    Hope you are keeping ok.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 4 years ago #
  4. duskhunter

It is really hard to lose a pet especially one that you have had so long and distressing seeing the others miss her too. I think the saying "Better to have loved and lost than never loved at all" is perhaps one of the truest, doesn't make it any easier though, so sorry.
    Angela

Posted 4 years ago #
  5. Lorna

Hi All,

Thanks Mo, Sara and Angela for the replies and nice words. Yes wee Faith and Hope miss her but keep close to each other, altough they would never have been as close before, it was Charity and Hope who were friendlier towards each other. It was hard to lose her as I started with them just after Mum died and it is associated memories then.

I am doing about my usual thanks Sara. Hope you and your family are OK.

Regards
    Lorna

Posted 4 years ago #
  6. pinkpoultry

Oh Lorna, just seen this. RIP beautiful Charity, my thoughts and prayers are with you, Faith and Hope. But wow! What an age! What happy well looked after, pampered ducks you have!
    Angela, a wonderful phrase :)
    Laura xx

Posted 3 years ago #
  7. Lorna

Hi Laura,
    Thanks for the kind words, Charity was a feisty wee character. Hope all your ducks etc are doing OK.

Lorna
    xx

Posted 3 years ago #
  8. Pastordot

Hello Lorna,

Just now seeing this, so sorry to hear of your loss of your beloved Charity. 13 years and 9 months is amazing! Yes, you have taken such wonderful and good care of them. She and the others have been so lucky to have you.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.
    Dottie

Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.