Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

Fencing in the ducks

(5 posts)
  • Started 3 years ago by quackers1984
  • Latest reply from campbell ridge

1. quackers1984

getting the garden turfed soon, and want to keep the ducks off the nice new grass. Whats the easiest way to fence them in? Interested to see ideas on what everyone else has done? want the garden to look nice as getting decking and new turf.

Pictures would be appreciated

Posted 3 years ago #
  2. duskhunter

Everyone is different, depending on how good you want your fencing to look I would google poultry fencing and see what comes up. It also depends on how secure you need it to be.

Posted 3 years ago #
  3. pinkpoultry

I am planning on a nice wooden fence, upright posts with 2 pieces horizontally (like post and rail style) then have smaller bits going vertically the height and down to the floor-quite close together, so you can see duckies but they can't escape and scoff your grass! Pretty and practical! When it stops raining and we get into our new garden we will keep the duckies out the human garden, as a BBQ the other day-ducks scoffed the salad off a low lying table... They seemed to like balsamic dressing!? Think I should put it on their grass! Lol! Xx

Posted 3 years ago #
  4. dallascriftins

I have eight Ducks and an Acre field it did not take long for my Ducks to turn most of it in to muddy puddles, which now we have had a dry spell has become hard caked bare earth. Good luck with whatever you try to keep them in but just bare in mind the smaller the space the sooner it will look like something akin to a WW1 battlefield!

Posted 3 years ago #
  5. campbell ridge
    Administrator

I have a pickett fence around mine with wire netting pinned on the inside to stop ducklings getting out and rabbits getting in

Sarah L
    Posted 3 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.