Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Introductions

2 acres in the fens

(3 posts)

1. eulb36

Hi all
    I'm Richard,
    Tiny house, 20 ducks 7 geese + eggs in the incubator, 4 new zealand whites, purple sprouting broccoli plants the size of a big bush (fed with water from the ducks pond )1 little tractor with attachments. Planted 100m of hedge just 200m to go, planted small mixed native wood for shelter , nuts , fruit and wood, compost piles almost as big as the house. And to many weeds.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Mama

Hello Richard, Your place sounds fantastic, can not wait to hear your news on the hatching. Weeds , we all have to many. Know what it is like to plant miles of hedgerow and saplings , with or without a tractor, which we do not have so it was back breaking but good for our health!!! they say . We are still planting sapling walnut trees, oak and ash all self seeded with a bit of help from birds and such. We shall not see them them fruit but hey ho that's what we do. We also grow purple sprouting broccoli , all my neighbours think it is wonderful as they have never seen it or parsnips or swede. !! Don't know what they have been missing.
    Don't your geese do the weeding for you? mine do but not in the garden . Look forward to seeing some pics of all you have done. Best wishes and good luck . Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Hi Richard,
    Welcome to the farmingfriends forum.
    As Mama says your property sounds fab. I live on a farm in East Yorkshire and we have a herd of about 80 beef cattle, 5 hens, 22 guinea fowl,50 quail and 7 ducks. 5 cats and 1 guinea pig! We farm arable crops as well.
    I have a veg garden and have just planted lots of seeds but generally have lots of nettles which the guinea fowl seem to like layiing in! What breed are your ducks and geese? I have khaki campbell ducks.
    Look forward to hearing more about your animals.
    Kind regards
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.