Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Ducks

Toni's Ducks

(11 posts)

1. Hi All,

Toni has sent me some photos of her khaki campbell drake and ducks in their enclosure where they have plenty of grass to forage in and a pond to dabble in too!

Your ducks are lovely. Your drake is impressive! Do they have names?

Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. toni

hi all,
    yes they all have names the drake is called Drakey-boy the ducks are named : Lilly after my grand-daughter, Rosie, spot and Jemima . they have two ponds now. one day i hope to hatch some ducklings are they brown as ducklings ?
    kind regards
    Toni :D

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Mama

Hi Toni, What lovely pics and they look so happy. Well done. best wishes Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. toni

hi mama,
    thanks for your reply i have taken some lovely ones of them today i will see if sara will put them up for me tomorrow
    kind regards
    toni

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Hi All,

Toni has sent me some more pictures of her ducks.

Thanks for sharing. Love to see the hens and guinea fowl peering in and the ducks peering out!

Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. toni

Hi Sara
    Thanks for putting pics on for me, going to market tomorrow will ask how they set theres up will let you know wot the women say.
    kind regards
    toni

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Hi Toni,
    No problem. look forward to hearing what they have to say. I have added your guinea fowl photo here http://farmingfriends.com/forums/topic.php?id=544

Have a good day!
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. quax

Love your pictures, Drakey-boy looks very proud!
    Rachel

Rachel
    Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Omegaman

They look lovely, Toni, and your Drakey-boy is soooooo striking. I can see why khaki campbells are so popular. I am sure that any future ducklings they produce will be gorgeous!
    Regards
    Ken

Posted 9 years ago #
  10. toni

hi Ken, and everybody
    Thanks for all the lovely comments about drakey boy he is my pride and joy and would love to have some ducklings from them but i will have to wait as none of them seem to want to hatch any just yet and none of my hens seem broody soon i hope
    kind regards
    toni

Posted 9 years ago #
  11. Hi Toni,
    My khaki campbells are nearly 2 years old and haven't gone broody yet. One of the ducks nearly went broody last Summer and was sitting on a nest in the next door field. I didn't want to leave her there so I got her off the nest. Why don't they nest in a safe place?!
    Fingers crossed that one will go broody this year although khaki campbells are not known for their broodiness.
    Best Wishes
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.