Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Wildlife

How to invite Birds in your Garden

(9 posts)

Tags:

1. shahwin

Do you know how to invite Birds in your Garden ?

Take a 12 feet pole, tie Yellow & Orange 1.5 inches width, length 2.5 feet
    Place the pole away from the tree and hoist some Bird seeds

The first to visit will be A HUMMING BIRD

GOOD LUCK

SHAH

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Omegaman

Hi Shah
    I am really intrigued by this. What types of birds do you regularly get in your garden?
    Any Purple Sunbirds?
    Regards
    Ken

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Hi Shah,
    Thanks for the tip for encouraging birds into the garden. I would love to see a humming bird, not sure if we get them in the UK.
    What birds do you get in your garden?
    You might be interested in my friends website called Bird Table News http://birdtablenews.com/
    I encourage birds into my garden by putting out bird seed, nuts and fatballs.
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Mama

Hi Sara, We had the good fortune of seeing a hummimg bird no bigger than a moth. Could not believe my eyes.Only have a photo but not digital so can not post it . Shah is so lucky to have that everyday but we do have lovely birds in Europe too so have to be content. Never seen a purple sunbird but have seen a chicken hawk which is a sight.Regards Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Hi Mama,
    Ir is very interesting hear what birds people have seen. I love seeing the long tailed tit in my garden. http://farmingfriends.com/forums/topic.php?id=80
    Have heard a woodpecker recently but not seen it yet!
    best Wishes
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  6. sallie

Hi Sara,
    My woodpecker has his tapping post just outside my bedroom window so he gaily regales me at dawn. Slightly annoying! We have about 4 around us so once one starts they all start. Long tailed tits have moved on now, as they always do but have both nest boxes being used by blue tits so hope for some babies shortly.

Best wishes
    Sallie.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Hi Sallie,
    It's only in the last few years that I have heard the woodpecker, fancy yours outside your window how inconsiderate, although I am sure they might think why is there a house there?!!!!
    I love long tailed tits they are so pretty.
    We seem to have lots of blackbirds in the garden they have nested in various places in our garden and the chicks are now beginning to fledge.
    Hope all well with you.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  8. sallie

Hi Sara,
    Hooray got the second magpie on Tuesday so hopefully that is one pair down. My garden is overrun with blackbirds, including my clever chap that can access the fat feeders. Must try and get a photo. Collared doves happily settled. Tits in both nest boxes, robins all over the place. Gone a bit cold here, sunny but with a chilly breeze. Quail managed 6 eggs yesterday having only produced 2 a day for the last week, 5 today so will cross fingers that they are finally into laying mode!
    Best wishes
    Sallie.

Posted 9 years ago #
  9. Hi Sallie,
    Well done on the magpie catching! Saw some crows having a go at magpies and vice versa yesterday in the back field where the cows are grazing at the moment. think there is a magpie nest in some trees and the crows were going for it and the magpies were fighting back!!!
    Well done on the quail eggs! My friend made scotch eggs with some of my quail eggs on Friday and they are delicious and great with a salad.
    Hope you've had a good weekend.
    Best Wishes
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.