(7 posts)

1. shahwin

Nice to meet you folks
    Treating Plants with Herbs and Spices - NOT Chemicals

My site

http://groups.google.com/group/pakgardenclub-

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Hi Shahwin,
    What herbs and spices do you use? I would like to learn more about treating plants with herbs and spices.
    Kind regards
    sAra @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Mama

Hello Sharwin, I too would be interested in your methods of using herbs and spices in the garden. I do use nettles as fertiliser and weed killer, depending on the mix and age of nettle solution. Any more tips would be good. Regards Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Hi Mama,
    That's sounds interesting using nettles - I have heard about this and I certainly have lots of nettles I could use. What is this good at fertilising? Do you just soak the nettles in water?
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Mama

Hi Sara, You half fill a bucket with nettle and the top up with water.Stir everday day Leave to soak for a week and then dilute it 1 to ten for feed and spray against insects. It should look like weak YORKSHIRE TEA !! If you google it you will find loads of info on it. I was told by my french neighbour and I use as tomatoe feed .To use as weed killer use neat and fresh. When you have strained the mix put the lees on the compost heap . Good luck Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  6. campbell ridge
    Administrator

We thought we would do it with a dustbinful............ but don't keep it for too long as it stinks to high heaven! :)

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Hi Mama & Sara,
    Thanks for the tips will give it a go! I'll let you know how I get on.
    kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.