Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Recipes

Roasted Quail Ham & Olive Cake

(8 posts)

1. Mama

6 Quail 12 half dried prunes soaked in a little armagnac.
    Baste quail with a little olive oil. Put prunes in body cavity and roast in a shallow dish 200 degs for about 20 mins. Serve with a mixed green salad and dressing.
    Ham & Olive Cake, 3 eggs, 250 grms sr flour, 150 grms chopped ham,100 grms grated gruyere cheese, 100 grms pitted olives green, 15 cl olive oil, 5cl white wine, (optional) Rinse olives and dry .Put flour in a large bowl, slowly add eggs,olive oil and wine, mix well.
    add ham, olives cheese and a little pepper. Grease and flour two small loaf tins, I use aluminum ones, divide the mixture and bake in a preheated oven 180- 200 for about 40 mins. You can vary the ingredients, Feta & basil, Red Pepper and shallots, blue cheese & walnut. If anyone wants other variations , let me know. Enjoy. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Hi Mama,

These dishes sound delicious. I will certainly be trying the ham & olive cake although will add shallots instead of olives as we don't like olives. Sounds wonderful.

Love the quail recipe as well, I hope you don't mind but I have added it to the farmingfriends website citing you as giving me the recipe to try. http://farmingfriends.com/roast-quail-stuffed-with-prunes/ I have done a honey glazed quail as a starter before here is the link to the recipe. http://farmingfriends.com/honey-glazed-roast-quail/

Thanks so much for sharing.
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Mama

Hi Sara, The honey roast quail sound fab, will try that next time. The savoury cake is just as good without the olives. Regards Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Hi Mama,

Just made the ham & olive cake (used wensleydale cheese instead of olives!) Big thumbs up from me and hubby. Have taken a photo so will post it asap.
    Would really recommend this cake. Went really well with salad and deepfried brie!!!

Thanks so much for sharing.
    Best Wishes
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Mama

Fab result Sara, Glad you enjoyed it. As I said the variations are endless and it is really what you have in the fridge and like . Love to see the photo. Regards Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  6. Hi Mama,
    Just done walnut and wensleydale cake and it went down a treat!
    Thanks
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Mama

Really pleased they have been a success Sara. Try tinned salmon or tuna also both is nice .Best wishes and happy cooking .Mama .

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  8. pinkpoultry

Oooo this sounds lovely, I have signed up for "baked & delicious" and I have just got another loaf tin, no now I have 2 silicone ones, how exciting!!! I shall be using my new tin on the weekend, mmmm, Thanks for sharing!! xx

Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.