Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Wildlife

Holiday/Wildlife heaven

(7 posts)

1. queenie

Hi,
    In two weeks I will be off on my hols, We love caravaning , not the seaside but quiet rural sites. last year we found a site in mid wales that was wild life heaven.on site we saw Swallows nesting, Woodpeckers, Chaffinches, and many more. Red Kite and Buzzards circled overhead.Squirrels and Rabbits were frequent visitors. I cant wait to go again June ,the trouble is I wont want to come home. only to see my lovely ducks
    Queenie

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Omegaman

Hi Queenie
    It sounds lovely, and I can really understand why you are looking forward to it. We used to have a camper van when our two girls were small and some of our best remembered holidays were spent in Wales, camping in a farmer's field on a cliff top overlooking the coast. It was so very quiet and the farmer had a variety of livestock but, as you say, it was the variety of wildlife that I enjoyed, particularly the buzzards. On one occasion I was sure I saw porpoises swimming along the coast below the cliff but no-one else believed me. I hope you are leaving the ducks in safe hands!
    Regards, Ken

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Lucky you, we were meant to be in Wales now, but as my ducks are so young we have put the holiday back to September,when hopefully the scenery will be breathtaking, and more to the point, I might be able to tear myself away from my ducks, I dont feel the need for a holiday at the momment anyway I am more contented sitting, well working in my garden than I could be anywhere else
    hope you have a nice time and as for looking after your ducks as Ken says, perhaps we should all employ Anitopia haha
    Mo x

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. queenie

HI all
    Yes the ducks will be in safe hands , my son will be on duck duty , also garden watering duty if it doesn't rain.
    Queenie

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Or we could house swap for a week Mo.

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  6. now theres a thought Sarah haha
    i will swap with Mama no offence anyone here in england xx

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Mama

Hi mo, That maybe possible if we could arrange it to suit and you would have to take dust and all !!!!! Don't need a swap but would be nice to have a house sitter who loves animals and is capable of putting them to bed. Regards Mama. x

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.