Farming Friends Forum » Technical Information

adding tags

(17 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by campbell ridge
  • Latest reply from m40mo

Tags:

1. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Hi guys, i thought it would be a good idea to add tags to each topic we write/start so we can easily find talked about items again. Sometimes when a new person asks a question, you have to trawl though loads of topics in order to find one you know has been covered before.
    I will go through some of my topics and add tags for easy access.
    Sarah.

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  2. I spent ages this afternoon searching for a topic not started by me but one i wanted to look back at, it is hard work some times
    and you didnt tag this on lol x

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  3. campbell ridge
    Administrator

have now. :) you can add tags to anyone elses topic or add the topic to your favorites list.
    S

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. Thanks Sarah and Mo, you are getting us organised! Hoping to see web guy tomorrow so may get chance to mention not always able to get on forum. I try to write tags but do forget sometimes!
    Thanks again
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Mama

Hi all, Do not understand what you mean by tags. Not a great pc person so could someone explain what to do if I wanted to look at a specific thing.Saw sarah's comment but just do not understand. . Mama.

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  6. elvisrooney

hi, all , i am as lost as mama, now we have tags, does that mean i cant go out after six, and have to report to sarah by nine,? or is that a duck asbo lol.Dave.

Posted 9 years ago #
  7. actually i dont know how to tag either, started a new post last night tried to tag it then lost everything id written so gave up sorry Mo x :(

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  8. campbell ridge
    Administrator

At top right of the page there is a box that says - wait for it - Tags. :) So if the comment contains say hatching or incubation, you would put this in the box and click add.
    What would be most beneficial is a 'search box' for a particular word. I don't think there is one as yet, but there is a list of popular tags on the left hand side of the index.
    If you were to put in a search in google it would pick up the words tagged in our topics.
    Sarah

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  9. I thought a search feature would be good, Sara perhaps you can mention that when you see your man tomorrow
    where I went wrong was trying to tag before I posted x

didnt want to comment on there, but which farm animals get married and need wedding dresses,
    not sure what you think Sara might even be yours

and what is an RSS

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  10. Mama

Thank goodness I am not the only one who does not quite grasp all this. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  11. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Is there any chance of the search feature being added?
    Now there are so many postings its becoming more difficult to search back through the them all to find a relevant query/answer, so we don't end up duplicating stuff and people can find what they are looking for more easily with out the same questions being asked again and again.
    Sarah

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  12. Mama

Sarah, Just tried to tag Candling Hatching Eggs, don't know if it has worked. As you know I am not the best with a PC. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  13. Hi Sarah,
    I hope to do some farmingfriends forum work tomorrow (Thursday 22nd July 2010). Looking at plugins for the forum and backing up the whole forum! Need to back up the forum before add any new plugins as sometimes plugins can upset the system so want to make sure the forum is completely backed up todate.

Hi Mama and Dave,
    Sarah has described adding tags perfectly!
    At top right of the page there is a box that says Tags. Add the keywords mentioned in your post in the box eg tagging search (as Sarah has done above) and click add.

An alternative way of tagging is - When you start a new thread there is a tagging box at the bottom and you just add the words to the box with a comma and space between and then they will appear in the tagging section when you send the post.

Hi Mo,
    RSS stands for "Really Simple Syndication" and the "RSS feed for this topic" means you can click on this and then it has a subscribe now button and this will add a file with the page info onto the toolbar of your firefox browser (if using firefox) and then you can click on the file to see if there is any updated info. You can sometimes subscribe by email so everytime that page is updated you would get an email about it. Just another way of keeping track of info you are interested in or website/forum pages.

Hope that helps
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  14. Mama

It worked, Yahoo. You all make it sound so simple and once you have done it is . Just takes a little longer for some of us.Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  15. thanks for explaining that Sara,

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  16. campbell ridge
    Administrator

As new people join - Talisa and Kayla in particular, There are so many of the same questions being asked, it would be great to have that search box to save repeating everything each time..
    S

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  17. hiya i have just been looking into this issue as if i had just found farming friends, and i think one answer could be, when someone first finds farming friends they see the forum heading which takes them straight into the posts perhaps a few lines at the top explaining how the tags work would help,

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.