Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Gardening

Drying Leek Flowers

(5 posts)

1. Mama

Hi All, Has anyone dried leek flowers, none of my books mention them . Don't want to throw them away if I can save them . Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  2. ok so no ones answered so I will
    Nope havn't got a clue, i'd hang them upside down somewhere warm and give it ago, you have nothing to lose, but at least you will have tried .....before giving in and throwing them away lol x

mo x
    Posted 7 years ago #
  3. Mama

Hi Mo, Yes have done that but hoped someone could say yes or no and whatever. Thank you for replying . Hope the pond is all sorted and your stress levels are down .The week I was feeling off , everything went wrong. Won't go into it as it is not relevant here , but know how you felt. Mama x

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #
  4. michael

HI Mama, are you looking to dry the seed for next year?

I have done this for several years now. I hang them in a dry airy area, usually in the car port, a nice through air in there. Put a brown paper bag over the seed head and when the stalk has died back and the seed head is nice and dry then just roll it between your hands and the seeds come away into the paper bag.

Store in a dry place till next year.

Regards

Michael

Posted 7 years ago #
  5. Mama

Thanks Michael, I was hoping to dry the flower heads as I have tons of seeds and did not want them to go waste. Regards Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.