Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Technical Information

Aid for computer users!!!

(17 posts)
  • Started 9 years ago by sallie
  • Latest reply from campbell ridge

1. sallie

Hi Mama, the link you want to copy is the one in the address bar when you have reached the site you want. If it is still showing the search banner then go back to where you found the right link on the search page and copy that address.

ie.
    Search page brings up a list of possible sites.
    eg www.farmingfriends.com
    highlight this link and then copy it. You can then go to the forum and paste the link into your message.
    Hope that helps.

Posted 9 years ago #
  2. Hi Sallie,
    Thanks for this.

Hi Mama,
    Where to find the link as Sallie says is the address bar -the address bar is usually at the top of the computer screen and the url link begins http://

If you wanted to link to this page for example the link would be http://farmingfriends.com/forums/topic.php?id=885

(I have created a forum category for technical information so any computer questions or technical questions relating to the forum can go here.)
    Kind regards
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 9 years ago #
  3. Mama

HOOOOORAY, I can do it now. Sarah , the example helped a lot. Thanks you all Mama xx

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  4. hey Mama i told you how to do it yesterday lol x

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  5. Mama

Yes you did Mo and many thanks. It took me ages as I wasn't doing it right. Got it today though. Mama x

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  6. campbell ridge
    Administrator

and i told you the day before! :)

Sarah L
    Posted 9 years ago #
  7. Mama

Oh stop it girls ,you are making feel even more of an idiot. Between you ,you have taught me something at the end of the day. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 9 years ago #
  8. thats all that counts then lol x

mo x
    Posted 9 years ago #
  9. SCarruth

Sara, how do I put my pic on my name?

Posted 8 years ago #
  10. Sharon if you look at Saras topic ..New Theme..she shares a link that we need to be able to do it x
    Mo

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  11. SCarruth

Thanks Mo...got it!

Posted 8 years ago #
  12. Mama

OK Girls and Boys, can anyone explain why my link on Egg Incubation did not work and Sarah's did. They were identical.Regards Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  13. campbell ridge
    Administrator

Not quite, you had an extra full stop on the end :)
    x

Sarah L
    Posted 8 years ago #
  14. Mama

Bottoms, I thought I had done so well,. Don't know how that happened. shall keep trying , a few small steps make a giant stride !! Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  15. Hi Mama, you have done really well and I've now removed the offending full stop so your link works.
    Best Wishes
    sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  16. Mama

Bless you Sara , So glad I have all you friends to help teach me pc stuff.Just don't know how it happened as I copied and pasted but never mind . Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  17. campbell ridge
    Administrator

I found it confusing that people were commenting on how nice the new layout is it is no good in Mozilla. Half the words and links are missing and the whole think looks odd. I have to come out and go back in in order to look at new topics.
    I find ie too slow and also none of the links across the top - "home/ archives/contact us" work when clicked on using mozilla, ie or chrome.
    Could you get your man to look into this please Sara.?
    Sarah

Sarah L
    Posted 7 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.