Register or log in:

Farming Friends Forum » Technical Information

New Server Coming Soon - important notice - forum members please read!

(8 posts)

Tags:

1. Hi All,

Just wanted to let you know that Andy, the web man, says that we are getting a new server and he expects it to go live within the next 24-48 hours. I have asked if there will be any downtime, hope not!

Andy said he hopes that this will rid us of the disruptions - fingers crossed!

Kind regards

Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  2. as long as it dosn't rid us of all our posts lol x

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  3. Hi All,

I have spoken to Andy who is my web guru about the new server.
    This is what he said.

"I plan on migrating the data from the server to another server which should not result in any downtime, but then I will need to change the DNS settings and when I do that and you have entered data in the meanwhile then that may be lost.

I effectively run two websites for you whilst the DNS is changing over, and that might take a bit of time. I will let you know exactly what is happening once the new server is commissioned and I have the details."

So I will keep you posted on this.
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  4. Hi all, (posted this on Friday 20th August at 2.30pm!)

I have sent Andy - my web guru, the info so he can transfer the data from one server to the other. this is what he said

"What happens is that I first change the dns settings and that change can take a few hours. In the meanwhile I do a final migration of the site, email etc. As I don't know when the actual dns will change (it will change for different people at different times) it is difficult to avoid a bit of overlap. I don't know whether your forum can be set to be down for maintenance during the changeover, but if it can then that may be the best option in a busy forum."

So just to say if you are posting in the changeover a post or two maybe lost! I will let you know when the forum is on the new server!

Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  5. I've read it Sara, but havn't got a clue what it all means
    hopefully see you all on the other side lol xx

mo x
    Posted 8 years ago #
  6. Mama

Agree, But I will also will be on the other side, ready and waiting .To be honest it has been working perfectly just lately !! Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #
  7. Hi All,
    I think we are now at the other side, but think that if you posted on hear last night, that info has not come across as I posted twice on this thread and know that both Rachel and Sarah posted before me and their posts have disappeared too.
    If you posted on another thread last night can you have a look to see if it's there. Hope nobody posted anything important that disappeared.
    Have a good weekend.
    Sara @ farmingfriends

Posted 8 years ago #
  8. Mama

Hi Sara , So glad to be back with our friends on the other side . I did not post . You have a good weekend also as all this must have been a bit stressful. Mama

Goose Girl
    Posted 8 years ago #

RSS feed for this topic

You must log in to post.