With the summer season upon us, treat the whole family to freshly made home-baked loaves for picnics and barbeques.
Fruited Cornbread with Macadamias
Ingredients for one loaf or 8-9 small rolls
- 220g flour (strong wheat)
- 5g yeast
- 5g salt
- 20g raw cane sugar
- 90g polenta (see description below of how to prepare)
- 55g macadamia nuts
- 80g milk
- 90g jumbo raisins
- First of all make up your polenta. Bring 670g of water to the boil and whisk in the polenta – leave to cool before use.
- Mix the flour, yeast, salt, raw sugar (such as Demerara), polenta and milk to form a dough.
- At the last stage, add the Macadamias and sultanas and mix in well so they are evenly distributed throughout the dough.
- Leave to stand for two hours (the dough will have doubled in size leaving you over 500g for a loaf or two little ones).
- Shape by flattening the dough and then fold over length ways before rounding into a smooth ball.
- Leave the dough to stand in a warm, draft free place for about 45 minutes.
- Dust with flour and slash 3 cuts in each direction at 90 degrees and place on a greased baking tray.
- Bake in the oven at 220-225°C for 25-35 minutes.
To make small rolls, use approximately 50g portions and mould in the same the way.
Macadamia nuts are also high is beneficial monounsaturated fats which are proven to help reduce bad cholesterol levels as well as being a good source of protein and fibre. Further information and research about the health benefits of Macadamia nuts is available from the Macadamia Advice Centre website at www.macadamias.org.uk or by calling the helpline for more information on 020 7436 8800.
Do you have any good bread recipes or recipes using macadamia nuts that you would like to share?
- Rye-Wheat Macadamia and Sultana Bread Recipe With the summer season upon us, treat the whole family...
- Spelt, Honey & Macadamia Bread Recipe With the summer season upon us, treat the whole family...
- Macadamia & Chicken Risotto I am currently on a health kick and as I...
- Macadamia Nut Roast I have recently been sent this recipe to share with...
- Facts About Macadamia Nuts I have been sent some information to help promote the...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.