A lovely starter or canape at a party is this hard boiled quail’s eggs with beetroot. It is easy to prepare and very tasty.
- Quail’s eggs – hard boiled.
- Whole grain mustard.
- Hard boil the quail’s eggs for 3 minutes and then allow to cool.
- Peel the shell from the quail’s eggs. It is recommended that the quails eggs are not fresh and a week or two old as the shell will peel from the egg alot easier and won’t take the white away from the yolk.
- Slice the eggs in half and then scoop out the yolk.
- Mix the yolk with some mayonnaise and wholegrain mustard.
- Spoon the yolk mixture back into the hard boiled egg white.
- Cut a slice of beetroot and decorate the top of the yolk mixture.