English Partridge are game birds and their eggs take about 23-24 days to hatch out.
Hi, how long does it take for English Partridge to hatch out under a broody bantom? I’ve got 10 eggs off of a friend who has a pair of English Partridge and im going to put them under 1 of my broody hens.
Thanks for visiting my website and leaving a comment.
Partridge eggs take 23-24 days to hatch out, but when I am incubating eggs I always leave them for a few days longer, so if the hen is still sitting I would leave them. I believe that when a
hen lays a clutch of eggs the first egg laid will still hatch at around the same time as the last egg laid as the incubation conditions do not begin until the hen begins to sit.
Good luck with your eggs and let me know how you get on. Partridges are great little birds to watch.
If anyone has any useful information about hatching partridge eggs and particularly English partridge eggs then please leave a comment.
Here is a book about Modern Partridge Farming:
Modern Partridge Farming By Chris Hodgson
Stock Available: 5
Incubation At Home By Michael Roberts
Stock Available: 10
Incubation: A Guide To Hatching And Rearing By Katie Thear
Stock Available: 12
If you keep partridges or are thinking of keeping partridges then join the free farmingfriends game birds forum for the latest chat, advice and questions about partridges and game bird related issues.
If you would like to receive regular information about poultry then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.
- Advice About Incubating Chukar Partridge Eggs I have been asked for advice about incubating chukar partridge...
- Incubating Chukar Partridge Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for chukar partridge eggs is 23-24...
- Incubating Partridge Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for partridge eggs is 23-24 days....
- Rearing Pheasant And Partridge Chicks I received a comment asking about rearing pheasant and partridge...
- The Red Legged Partridge A game bird. Also known as the French Partridge....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.