Help the environment by recycling as much of your household waste products as you can.
Here are a few helpful tips to help with the recycling;
- Reuse plastic carrier bags when shopping.
- Use a bag for life.
- Start composting your food and garden waste.
- Reuse glass jars for homemade jams and pickles.
- Freeze homemade soups and meals in reusable plastic packaging.
- Take lunches to work in reusable plastic packaging.
- Reuse polystyrene or plastic takeaway cartons for packed lunches.
- Reuse clear plastic bottles for germinating seeds and protecting plants in the garden.
- Reuse plastic containers or glass jars for storing nuts, bolts and nails in the garage or shed.
- Buy refillable products.
- Buy bulk items.
- Buy loose meat, cheese, fruit and vegetables rather than prepacked items.
- Buy items using recycled content.
- Regularly visit a recycling bank.
- Put a container near your kitchen bin to separate out paper, plastic containers, glass jars and tin cans that can be recycled.
- Recycle old clothes, books, videos, dvds and toys by taking them to a charity shop.
- Reuse suitable old clothing as cloths for washing the floor or dusting the furniture.
- Reuse paper for messages, lining the bottom of a pets cage or burning on the fire.
- Add paper to the composter or recycling bin.
Click on the image below to go to Amazon.co.uk to find out more information about these books.
I hope you find these tips useful, let me know if you have anymore helpful recycling tips.