Boiled Eggs – Eggs can be soft or hard boiled.
Soft Boiled Eggs can be cooked in a number of ways.
You can plunge the eggs (still in their shells) into a pan of fast boiling water and cook according to taste and size of eggs: For standard hen eggs:
3 minutes = very soft,
3.5 minutes = soft,
4 minutes = medium hard or
4.5 minutes = firm.
When cooked, put into egg cups and cut the top off the eggs. serve with a little salt and toasted bread cut into thin slices (soldiers).
A second way to cook soft boiled eggs is to cover the eggs (still in their shells) with cold water and bring slowly to the boil. The moment the water boils remove from the heat. Put into egg cups and cut the top off the eggs.
Hard Boiled Eggs – Put the eggs (still in their shells) into boiling water and boil for 10 minutes. Try not to over cook for more than 10 minutes as the eggs may be discoloured. Put the eggs immediately into cold water to cool as this prevents a dark colouration around the yolk. When cool, crack the egg shell and peel it from the eggs.
- How To Soft Boil An Egg It is British Egg Week (5th-11th October 2009) and did...
- How To Hard Boil An Egg For the final day of British Egg Week (5th-11th October...
- Cooking With Eggs Eggs are a very versatile ingredient with many benefits. They...
- Asparagus And Soft Boiled Guinea Fowl Eggs Recipe I have a glut of guinea fowl eggs which are...
- Kedgeree With Quail Eggs Kedgeree is a great way of eating fish and eggs....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.