As it is British Egg Week (5th-11th October) I thought I would explain how to poach an egg, in the light that a recent survey found that a third (33%) of people surveyed said they found it difficult to poach an egg.
- Break the eggs carefully into cups, unless using a special poaching pan.
- Put a teaspoon of vinegar and a pinch of salt into a pan half full of water.
- Slide in the eggs, keeping the white together with a spoon.
- Simmer gently spooning water over the eggs, until they are set and the whites are opaque.
- Remove from the pan and drain well before serving.
A great recipe using poached eggs is asparagus and poached eggs.
Here is a link with recipes using eggs that you may find useful for British Egg Week.