Positioning eggs in an incubtor depends on the type of incubator and whether or not you are using an automatic egg turner.
Hi i was just wandering how do i position chicken eggs in an incubator do i lie
them down or can you leave them standing up like the point of the egg pointing
You can lay the eggs on their side in the incubator and if you mark one side in pencil with a cross and one side with an 0 then when you are turning the eggs you will know which side to turn onto next. it is recommended that you turn the eggs 3 or 5 times a day if you don’t have an automatic egg turner. Some turners are just rollers that roll the eggs over on their side and some are trays that tilt the eggs from side to side. My egg turner is a tray that requires that the eggs be placed with the point facing downwards.
Hope this helps.
Sara @ farmingfriends
- Automatic Electric Egg Turners I want to hatch some eggs, are automatic egg turners...
- Raising Humidity Levels In An Incubator Different bird’s eggs require different humidity levels in the incubator....
- Guinea Fowl Eggs In The Incubator On Thursday I disinfected my incubator and set it...
- Guinea Fowl Eggs In The Incubator Yesterday I cleaned out the incubator and disinfected the tray...
- Preparing The Incubator Before Incubating Eggs Preparing The Incubator For Use Prepare the incubator 2-3 days...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.