I have been asked what is the incubation period for pekin ducks.
Hi, I just wanted to ask about my peking duck. She has become broody and is laying on her eggs, but I am unsure how long the incubation of these are.
Pekin duck eggs take 28 days to hatch from time of incubation. If your duck is still laying eggs then she won’t start to incubate the eggs until she has laid a clutch of eggs which could be 6-12 eggs.
Check out the following books about ducks and incubating and hatching eggs.
Starting With Ducks By Katie Thear
Stock Available: 6
Ducks And Geese At Home By Michael Roberts
Stock Available: 8
Incubation At Home By Michael Roberts
Stock Available: 10
Incubation: A Guide To Hatching And Rearing By Katie Thear
Stock Available: 12
If you would like to receive regular information about poultry then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.
- Duck Only Sitting On Eggs At Night I have a white Pekin duck(female) amd a brown male...
- Choosing And Storing Eggs Before Incubation Before Incubation It is important for eggs that are not...
- Colour Of Duck Eggs Well I now have a real mix of ducks and...
- Guinea Fowl Keets Progressing Well With Pekin Bantam Foster Mums! Just thought I would let you know that I received...
- Incubating Duck Eggs Incubation Period The incubation period for duck eggs is 28...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.