I have 6 ducks and a drake.
3 of the ducks are completely a khaki colour and slightly smaller than the others. The other 3 ducks have some other colours on their wing, a dark blueand white colour and also have yellow stripes near their eyes as if they are wearing a zorro mask. They are also considerably bigger and as big as Sir Francis Drake! I just assumed they were all pure khaki campbells as I had bought khaki campbell eggs but I think three have mallard/aylesbury in them. Interestingly the 3 pure khakis seem to stick together I don’t know if this is because they are smaller and are bothered more by the drake and the larger ladies hang about with the drake more.
Here is a photo of one of the ducks I think is a khaki cross and one of the pure khaki campbells.
Let me know what your thought are on the colouring of my khaki campbells.
Starting With Ducks By Katie Thear
Stock Available: 6
Ducks And Geese At Home By Michael Roberts
Stock Available: 8
If you keep ducks or are interested in keeping ducks then check out the books shown above about keeping ducks which are informative and excellent for the beginner and a handy reference for the more experienced duck keeper.
If you would like to receive regular information about ducks then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.
- Rachel’s Khaki Campbell Ducks and Khaki Campbell Crosses I love to receive photographs from my readers and forum...
- Khaki Campbell Ducks And Drake Enjoy Sunshine My Khaki Campbell ducks and drake enjoy most weather. they...
- Caroline’s Khaki Campbell Ducks Caroline is one of the farmingfriends forum members and she...
- My Khaki Campbell Ducks And A Drake My seven ducks are now 13 weeks old and are...
- Khaki Campbell Ducks Khaki Campbell ducks are a British breed of duck. They...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.