This year I have incubated guinea fowl eggs in the incubator on three occasions.
- The Results of the First Guinea Fowl Incubation.
- The Results of the Second Guinea Fowl Incubation.
- The Results of the Third Guinea Fowl Incubation.
- 87 eggs were incubated in total.
- 27 hatched out in total = 48% hatchability.
- 56 eggs fertile in total = 64% fertile.
- 31 eggs infertile in total = 36% infertile.
I also sent 6 guinea fowl eggs to The Cottage Smallholder for their broody hen Mrs Boss to incubate as part of the Interblog Guinea Fowl Project.
- 6 eggs were sat on intotal by Mrs Boss.
- 5 hatched out in total = 100% hatchability.
- 5 eggs fertile in total = 83% fertile.
- 1 egg infertile in total = 17% infertile.
It is interesting to see that the broody hen had a 100% hatchability but the incubator had only 48% hatchability. One can conclude from these statistics that the broody hen is the best method of incubation and produces the best hatch rate.
Broody Hen eggs Fertility Guinea fowl eggs Guinea hatch 2007 Hatchability Incubation Incubator Interblog Guinea Fowl ProjectBroody Hen, eggs, Fertility, Guinea fowl eggs, Guinea hatch 2007, Hatchability, Incubation, Incubator, Interblog Guinea Fowl Project