Middle White Pigs are a friendly breed of pig.
- Middle White pigs originate from Yorkshire.
- They have been bred from Large White and Small White stock.
- This breed has a white coat with a flattened face and nose.
- They have pricked up ears with feathery hairs around the edges of the ears.
- These are early maturing pigs.
- Middle Whites are reared for pork and can produce good quality chops.
- They are good natured pigs.
- Middle white pigs are a docile breed.
- The snubbed nose can make this pig less prone to rooting.
Starting With Pigs By Andy Case
Stock Available: 5
The Virgin Pig Keeper – A Pair Of Pigs In The Garden By David Brown
Stock Available: 7
If you keep pigs or are thinking of keeping pigs then join the free farmingfriends pig forum for the latest chat, advice and questions about pigs and pig related issues.
If you would like to receive regular information about pigs then why not sign up to the farmingfriends newsletter.
- Oxford Sandy & Black Pigs I have been asked what are Oxford Sandy & Black...
- Pigs Can Suffer SunBurn & Heatstroke Did you know that pigs can suffer from sunburn? Pigs...
- Breeding Pigs – Gestation Period · The gestation period of a gilt or sow is usually...
- Preparing For Farrowing Pigs I have two gilts – Cagney and Lacy, who are...
- Ringed Pigs Does ringing pigs work? This is a question I was...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.