I have been asked about national food weeks that are celebrated in the UK.
After a google search I have found the following national food weeks are celebrated in the UK.
Some of the dates are for 2009 and the dates for 2010 have to be confirmed.
- British Yorkshire Pudding Day Annually on the 1st Sunday in February – Sunday 7th February 2010
- National Bramley Apple Week (UK) 7th – 14th February 2010
- National Chip Week UK 15th – 21st February 2010
- National Bread Week 7th – 13th May 2010
- May is Asparagus Month
- National Honey Week (UK) 4th – 10th May 2009
- National Doughnut Week 8th – 15th May 2010
- National Herb Week – 6th – 9th May 2009
- National Vegetarian week 24th – 30th May 2010
- National Watercress Week 16th – 23rd May 2010
- British Sandwich Week 16th-22nd May 2010
- National Barbecue Week (UK)25th to 31st May 2009
- National Salad Week (UK) 7th – 13th July.
- British Cheese Week 25th September – 3rd October 2010
- National Steak Week from October 12-18
- National Chocolate Week (UK)12th – 18th October 2009
- British Sausage Week 2nd -8th November 2009
- National Curry Week 21-27 November 2010
Let me know if there are any other food celebrations in the UK that I have missed.