This week it is reportedly National Raisin Week In The USA. I say reportedly not because I am being impolite but because although many websites list this as a national event there is very little information to be found about the nature and history of the event.
So all you folk in the USA, it’s National Raisin Week this week, so go and grab youself a handful of raisins or try adding a few raisins to your stir-fry, curry or salad and if your feeling in the mood for baking then add a few raisins to a scone mixture to make some fruit scones.
Now what are the benefits of eating raisins?
Raisins are dried grapes and they are a good source of;
- and some B vitamins.
Other Health Benefits
- fat free,
- cholesterol free,
- rich source of antioxidants,
- low in sodium,
- contain natural sugar (fructose), and
- no preservatives are used to keep them fresh.
- A convenient, healthy snack that is easy to eat on the go.
- Can help to provide a quick energy boost.
- Stores well for months in a plastic container with a lid.
- Can be frozen.
Click on this link to find out more about raisins from the World’s Healthiest Foods website.
- The Nutritional Value Of Raisins The Nutritional Value Of Raisins Raisins are dried grapes and...
- National Bread Week In The UK Warburtons’ National Bread Week in the UK runs from the...
- National BBQ Week In The UK National BBQ Week in the UK will be held from Monday...
- National Dairy Week 22nd-28th February 2010 This week (22nd – 28th February 2010) is National Dairy...
- Dates For The Diary – Food And Farm Produce In The USA Lots of food and farm produce is celebrated in America....
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.