There are many varieties of potatoes which are grown for different reasons.
Soilman asked, “What varieties do you grow?”
The potato varieties we have grown on the farm over the years are:
- Hermes – these potatoes have been grown for a merchant that sells the potatoes for crisping.
- King Edward – these potatoes have been sold to the public for consumption as mash, chips or roast potatoes.
- Cara – these are table potatoes and have been sold to the public.
- Russet Burbank – these potatoes were grown to make chips.
- Cultra – these potatoes were grown for the table.
- Record – these potatoes have been grown for making crisps.
- Estima – these table potatoes have been sold to the public.
- Desiree – these are potatoes that are grown for the table.
If you are wanting to grow potatoes in your vegetable garden then visit TopVeg for excellent potato growing advice.