There are many recipes for quail egg salad, so here is my first attempt!
- 6 hard boiled quail eggs.
- 1 or 2 tomatoes.
- Chopped lettuce.
- 1 piece of bread toasted and cut into squares.
To make the sweet and sour dressing.
- 2 and a half table spoons of virgin olive oil.
- 1 clove of garlic chopped up.
- Half a table spoon of caster sugar.
- 1 and a half tablespoons of white wine vinegar.
- 1 tablespoon of lemon juice.
- Hard Boil the quail eggs for 3 minutes and allow to cool before peeling the shell off.
- Chop up the lettuce and tomato and place in the salad bowl.
- Cut the quail eggs in half and place in the salad bowl.
- Toast the bread and then cut into small squares like croutons.
- Chop the garlic.
- Mix the virgin olive oil, white wine vinegar, lemon juice and caster sugar with the garlic.
- Warm lightly in a pan and then drizzle over the salad.
This salad was served with grilled salmon and homemade chips.
This quail egg salad would make a great starter or a tasty accompaniment to a main meal.