There are many reasons why guinea fowl hens may stop laying eggs or may not lay eggs.
- The age of the guinea fowl hen – as they get older the amount of eggs may reduce.
- The health of the guinea fowl hen – illness or parasites can hinder laying.
- The time of year – the length of daylight can affect egg production.
- Changes in the type of food given – this may cause problems as the nutritional content of the food may vary.
- The introduction of new birds to the flock – this may cause undue stress for the guinea fowl hens as they re-establish a pecking order.
- Significant changes in routine – can cause stress for the birds.
- Housing conditions – unclean, overcrowded, dark and cold conditions can cause stress and or illness which may affect egg production.
- Handling and movement of the birds – transporting guinea fowl hens, overhandling, incorrect handling and sudden handling may hinder laying if this causes stress for the birds.
- Vermin and predators – the presence of rats, mice, cats, dogs and foxes may frighten the birds or cause undue stress.
- Become broody – the guinea fowl hen stops laying because she wants to sit on a nest of eggs and hatch them .
If you keep guinea fowl and want to ask a question to get some advice or just to chat about your guinea fowl then why not join the free farmingfriends guinea fowl forum.
If you fancy having ago at incubating, hatching and raising guinea fowl keets then check out my Incubating, Hatching & Raising guinea Fowl Keets eBook and if you are in the UK then I also have guinea fowl eggs for hatching for sale.
- Reasons Why Ducks May Stop Laying Eggs Or May Not Lay Eggs There are many reasons why ducks may stop laying eggs...
- Reasons Why Poultry Might Not Lay Hens may stop laying or may not lay for a...
- Signs That Guinea Fowl Hens Will Lay Eggs There are certain signs that show that the guinea fowl...
- Will Guinea Fowl Hens Lay Eggs In A Nest Box Or Chicken Coop? I have been asked if guinea fowl hens lay eggs...
- When Do Female Guinea Fowl Start Laying Female guinea fowl can start laying as early as 16...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.