We have nettles growing all over our farm and it wasn’t until I started my hunt for guinea fowl eggs that I realised that there are different varieties of nettle.
The red deadnettle is an annual wild flowering plant.
It’s latin name is Lamium purpureum.
This plant is found in Britain, Europe and Asia.
The red deadnettle grows on agricultural land, wasteland and in gardens.
This nettle has pinky-violet flowers, which are present April-October.
It has green heart-shaped leaves which are toothed and have a wrinkled texture.
This plant belongs to the mint family and is related to the white deadnettle.
- White Deadnettle On Saturday my family came over for a visit and...
- Lesser Celandine The lesser celandine is a wild flower. It’s latin...
- The Dandelion Dandelions are wild flowers. The Latin name is Taraxacum...
- Ivy Ivy is a climbing shrub which can grow wild....
- Germander Speedwell Germander speedwell is a perennial wildflower. The latin name...
Related posts brought to you by Yet Another Related Posts Plugin.