I incubated 40 eggs in total which had been stored for up to 7 days. The incubation results are as follows:
- 6 keets hatched out unaided.
- 3 keet hatched with assistance.
- 2 eggs pipped but keet died in shell.
- 10 eggs had fully formed keets but shell not pipped.
- 8 eggs had an embryo which had died in the early stages.
- 11 eggs infertile.
Nine keets were taken from the incubator and all have survived.
Results of Fertility And Hatchability
- 27.5% of the eggs were infertile.
- 72.5% of the eggs were fertile.
- 31% hatchability.
- 22.5% of total eggs hatched out.
I am encouraged that I have a high percentage of fertile eggs although this incubation was very unsatisfactory and I will need to look into the reasons why this has been such a poor hatch.
Click on this link for more information about calculating the percentage fertility and hatchability.