I love having salmon in a salad and adding some macadamia nuts is a great addition making a very healthy salad which makes a great light lunch at any time of the year.
Salmon and Macadamia Salad
- 4 salmon steaks
- 100g toasted macadamia nut halves
- 150g green salad leaves
- 8 sundried tomatoes roughly chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon English mustard
- 1 tablespoon white wine vinegar
Preparation / Cooking Instructions
- Grill the salmon and flake.
- To toast the macadamia nuts, place halved macadamia nuts in a dry frying pan and cook until golden, shaking regularly.
- Whisk oil, mustard and vinegar, mix together with leaves and season.
- Divide into 4 servings and sprinkle the salmon flakes, nuts and sundried tomatoes over the green salad leaves.
Click on the link for more information about facts and nutritional value of macadamia nuts.
A range of healthy eating recipes, in depth information and research about the health benefits of Macadamia nuts is available from the Macadamia Advice Centre.