My friend “Mama” has sent me a recipe for roast quail stuffed with prunes that she says tastes delicious and is very simple to make.
- 6 Quail
- 12 half dried prunes soaked in a little armagnac.
- Baste quail with a little olive oil.
- Put prunes that have been soaked in almanac into the body cavity.
- Roast in a shallow dish at 200 degs for about 20 mins.
- Serve with a mixed green salad and dressing.
This dish can work well as either a starter or the main course of a meal.
Enjoy – let me know if you try this dish and I’ll pass on your thoughts to “Mama”.